ESTATE AND TRUST LITIGATION LAWYERS IN OAKVILLE, MILTON AND GEORGETOWN
At Sweatman Law Firm, we specialize in all types of estate and trust litigation, including challenges to a will or executor/estate trustee, guardianship applications, dependant support, power of attorney disputes and passing of accounts. We are also experienced in charity and not-for-profit litigation. Our law firm acts for charitable organizations in the defence of charitable bequests and other matters.
Offering a Variety of Estate and Trust Litigation Services
If you are facing a contentious legal matter, we have the expertise and experience you need.
Sweatman Law Firm provides the following services:
- Advising executors/estate trustees, trustees, beneficiaries and family members regarding their estate and trust issues
- Challenges to wills and executors
- Challenges to powers of attorney
- Will interpretation disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty actions
- Passing of accounts
- Counselling beneficiaries and charitable organizations about their rights and obligations as beneficiaries of an estate or trust
- Making and defending dependant support applications under theSuccession Law Reform Act
- Advising and representing clients in disputes over powers of attorney and incapacity
- Representing family members and individuals in the appointment and removal of guardians in guardianship applications, estate trustees and attorneys under power of attorney
- Working with the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee and the Office of the Children’s Lawyer in Ontario
- Defending charitable bequests
- Prosecuting and defending equalization claims under the Family Law Act
Resolving Probate Disputes in Halton Region
In addition to conducting and defending litigation, we also utilize alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation, which can be valuable, efficient and effective alternatives to court.
Incapacity and Elder Law Disputes
The number of elderly citizens in our society is growing rapidly, resulting in increasing age-related problems and questions of capacity. This is leading to an increase in the amount of litigation involving capacity, powers of attorney and the validity of wills. Whether you are a beneficiary, executor/estate trustee, attorney acting under a power of attorney or affected individual, competent and qualified legal representation is essential. Sweatman Law Firm can act for you.
Contact Our Lawyers Serving Oakville, Milton, Georgetown and throughout Ontario
For an appointment with an experienced Oakville estate, trust and power of attorney litigation lawyer, contact Sweatman Law Firm online. We are committed to serving clients in Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington, Milton and surrounding areas.